Diabetes Education at Mile Bluff
Diabetes education supports individuals in assuming an active role in managing
their diabetes. Individual and group programs are available to teach self-care
skills that promote optimal diabetes management.
Mile Bluff's nationally-recognized program can benefit those who have
been recently diagnosed with diabetes, have had diabetes for a while,
have poorly-controlled blood sugars, have had or need a change in medications,
or have had good control of their diabetes and want to keep it that way.
Topics covered by the team include:
- The disease process and treatment options
- Nutritional management
- The importance of physical activity
- The use of medications
- Monitoring of blood glucose and use of the results to improve control
- Prevention, detection and treatment of acute and chronic diabetes complications
- Goal setting to promote health and problem-solving for daily living
- Preconception care, management during pregnancy and gestational diabetes
Mile Bluff provides what is needed to start individuals on their way to
living an active, productive and healthy life with diabetes! For more
information about diabetes education program, call 608-847-1846.