Quality & Safety
Below are just some of the steps employees at Mile Bluff Medical Center
take in order to ensure patient safety.
Using two patient identifiers - This is done by checking a patient's arm band whenever a lab sample
is collected, medication is given, blood is transfused, or surgery is
Practicing proper hand hygiene - Employees use soap and water or alcohol-based gel to reduce the risk of
spreading infection to patients.
Avoiding the cause of drug-resistant infections - Employees make sure that no inappropriate medications are used to treat
a patient's condition.
Ensuring a patient's privacy - Employees follow HIPAA laws and take precautionary steps to protect
your personal health information.
Helping patients find assistance - If a patient needs further assistance, employees will help connect patients
with additional resources.
If you would like to talk to someone about your experience at Mile Bluff,
you are encouraged to:
- Speak with your nurse or healthcare provider directly
- Ask to speak with the charge nurse or director of the department
- Contact the Director of Quality Improvement
- Share your comments if you receive a patient satisfaction survey in the mail
- Ask to speak to a member of the executive team or administration
- Contact the Wisconsin Division of Quality Assurance at 800-642-6552
Contact the Joint Commission at
www.jointcommission.org or fax a concern to 630-792-5636.