Preparing for Your Stay
The staff at Mile Bluff Medical Center wants your experience to be as pleasant
as possible. Here is some information to help you prepare for your hospital stay.
Registration for inpatient care and surgery is in the main lobby of Mile
Bluff Medical Center. When you come in through the main entrance, the
registration staff members or an information desk volunteer will be available
to help direct you to where you need to go. You can register for your
appointment at the main registration desk. Please remember to bring a
photo ID and your insurance card to register with, along with any other
items that may be important for your appointment. If you are scheduled
for surgery, a representative from Mile Bluff will contact you one to
two days prior to your surgery with your arrival time, and will provide
you with instructions to help you prepare for your procedure and arrival
at the medical center.
What to bring to the hospital
- For children - a favorite blanket, toy or comfort item
- For hospital patients - a small bag with items such as a toothbrush, razor,
slippers, robe, deodorant, comb, etc.
- If you use a CPAP machine for sleep apnea, please bring it with you.
- Insurance card
- Photo ID
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing
- Do not wear make-up or lipstick
- If you are having surgery, please remove rings, nail polish, jewelry and
body piercings before surgery
- Leave money, credit cards, jewelry and other valuables at home
The protection of confidential patient information, and the rights and
privacy of staff members, is extremely important at Mile Bluff. Because
of this, all patients and visitors are asked not to use recording devices
in public areas of the hospital, nursing & rehabilitation centers,
clinics and other facilities. Devices include equipment such as: cameras,
cell phone cameras, video recorders, audio recorders and any other type
of equipment used to capture or record images and/or sound Your respect
for Mile Bluff's patients, residents and staff members is appreciated.