Our Patient Policies
Mile Bluff Medical Center is required by law to maintain the privacy of
your health information. We are also required to provide you with a notice
that describes our legal duties and privacy practices, as well as your
privacy rights with respect to your health information. We follow the
privacy practices described in our
Notice of Privacy Practicies.
We reserve the right to change the privacy practices described in this
notice in the event that the practices need to be changed to be in compliance
with the law. We will make the new changes effective for all the protected
health information that we maintain.
If you have any questions about any part of this notice, or if you want
more information about the privacy practices of Mile Bluff Medical Center,
Corporate Compliance Officer - Dara Bartels
Mile Bluff Medical Center
1050 Division Street
Mauston, WI 53948
Patient Rights & Responsibilities
Mile Bluff is committed to providing excellent treatment and services within
the scope of our mission. You have the right to expect that this care
is delivered in a professional and ethical manner.
As an organization, we have established patient rights and responsibilities.
You should feel fully empowered to exercise these rights and to communicate
any concerns to our staff.
As a patient:
- You have the right to considerate and respectful care
- You have the right to receive care in a safe setting
- You have the right to information about treatment and services
- You have the right to participate in the development and implementation
of your plan of care
- You have the right to confidentiality of your clinical records
- You have the right to have concerns and complaints heard
You also have the right to file a grievance with the following agencies:
Wisconsin Department of Health & Family Services Division of Quality Assurance
PO Box 2969 | Madison, WI 53701 | 608-266-8481 | www.dhs.wisconsin.gov
The Joint Commission - Office of Quality Monitoring
One Renaissance Boulevard | Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois 60181
Fax: 630-792-5636 |
In addition to your rights, you also have responsibilities. As a member
of the healthcare team, it is important that the information you provide
is accurate and that the hospital rules and regulations are followed.
You have a responsibility to:
- ask for clarification of things you do not understand.
- provide accurate and complete information about your present health status,
your medical history, medications, and advance medical directives.
- follow instructions regarding your care plan.
- respect the privacy of others.
- meet your financial commitments to the hospital.
For further explanation on how these rights are respected at Mile Bluff,
please review our full
patient rights and responsibilities policy.