Pulmonary Rehabilitation in Juneau County
Strengthen Your Lungs & Start Breathing Easier Again
Pulmonary Rehabilitation is a program designed to meet the needs of individuals
with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Meeting three times a week, pulmonary rehabilitation includes both exercise
and education components, and is provided by a team of registered nurses,
respiratory therapists, and registered dietitians. In addition to improving
strength and endurance, pulmonary rehabilitation gives individuals the
skills needed to manage their lung disease.
Patients learn to:
- Reduce and control breathing difficulties and other symptoms
- Learn more about diagnosis, treatment options and how to cope with a chronic disease
- Maintain healthy behaviors such as smoking cessation, good nutrition and exercise
Improve Lung Function through Supervised Exercises
Pulmonary rehabilitation helps to enhance a patient's quality of life.
Although it cannot cure lung disease, it can help individuals to improve
breathing efforts and reduce breathing complications.
- Decrease in the symptoms of lung disease or condition
- Improvement in the ability to function better in daily life
- Increased ability to exercise
- Improved management of anxiety and depression
Mile Bluff's pulmonary rehabilitation team also offers support, educational
programs and supervised workout sessions.
Individuals receive information about:
- Medication use
- Understanding and using oxygen therapy
- Diet, nutrition, weight control
- Breathing retraining
- Strategies for managing breathing problems
- Symptom assessment and knowledge about when to seek medical treatment
Mile Bluff's Pulmonary Rehabilitation team works with individuals who
have lung conditions, to help them breathe easier. For more information
about these services, call 608-847-1845.