There is no substitute for the lifesaving gift of blood. It is precious,
it is perishable, and the need for it is vital. Together, we can be a
beacon of hope.
Join your friends, family, co-workers and neighbors, and do your part to
help save lives by joining the Blood Center of Wisconsin at one of two
blood drives being held on Tuesday, June 16 and Thursday, June 25 from
9 am to 2 pm at Mile Bluff Medical Center in Mauston
The Blood Center of Wisconsin is taking steps to keep donors safe during
COVID-19. In order to maintain social distancing and to accommodate other
COVID-19 precautions, anyone looking to donate is
strongly encouraged to make an appointment by midnight the night before the drive. Doing this
allows the Blood Center of Wisconsin to know how many people are expected.
You can save up to three lives in your community by donating blood. The
Blood Center of Wisconsin is the sole provider of blood to the medical
center and the need for blood is critical across our state.
Make a blood donation on Tuesday, June 16 or Thursday, June 25 at Mile
Bluff Medical Center. To reserve your spot, call the Blood Center of Wisconsin
at 1-877-232-4376 or visit
www.bdw.edu and search for Mile Bluff in the mobile drives.
Requirements for being a blood donor:
- Be at least 17 years old (16-year-olds may donate with parental consent)
- Feel well on day of donation
- Be free of major cold and flu symptoms
- Not have had hepatitis after age 11 years
- Not have had any risk factors/behaviors associated with HIV/AIDS
Tips to remember the day you donate:
- Bring along a photo ID such as a driver’s license.
- Drink plenty of fluids prior to and following your donation.
- Avoid strenuous physical exercise until the day following your donation.