Blood drive coming to Mile Bluff Medical Center
COMMUNITY BLOOD DRIVE –
For more information and to register, call the Blood Center at 888-310-7555.
· Monday, March 19, and Tuesday, March 20, 9 am – 2 pm, Mile Bluff Medical Center in Mauston
The need is real and the time is now! Reserve your spot at Mile Bluff’s March blood drive. To do so, call the Blood Center of Wisconsin at 1-888-310-7555, or use the sign-up sheet in the dining room at Mile Bluff.
Requirements for being a blood donor:
* Must be 17 years or older (16-year-olds can donate with parental consent)
* Must weigh at least 110 pounds
* Should be free of any cold, flu or allergy symptoms the day of donation
* Must not have had hepatitis after age 11
* Should not have any risk factors associated with HIV or AIDS
* Must know the names and doses of all current medications (most prescriptions are acceptable)
Tips to remember the day you donate:
* Bring along a photo ID such as a driver’s license.
* Drink plenty of fluids prior to and following your donation.
* Eat a nutritious meal prior to and following donating.
* Avoid strenuous physical exercise until the day following your donation.
Mile Bluff Medical Center/ 1050 Division St./ Mauston, WI 53948 / 608 847 6161
Mile Bluff Medical Center Foundation, 1050 Division Street, Mauston, WI 53948
608 847 6161 or Toll free in WI at 800 252 4377
© 2008 Mile Bluff Medical Center